Welcome, Guest!

The East Dulwich Forum is an online community to discuss anything and everything about SE22. We were established all the way back in 2006! You can find more information about us here.

It looks like you're not registered. If you want to sign up, please click this link.

Please help me identify this fruit

The place to relax and chat about anything. Feel free to discuss the price of fish, music issues, share gardening tips
jenfromthetowerblock

I'm very curious as to what this is. There are hundreds of them up and down my road (underhill road) and I can not for the life of me identify what it is. Google isn't providing me with any answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Broadbean

It could be a cherry plum tree as they are fruiting at this time of year.
Turfite

I think it's a bullace.
MarkT

possibly "Mirabelle".
MarkT
IlonaM

Broadbean Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It could be a cherry plum tree as they are
> fruiting at this time of year.

That's interesting, I have one in my garden. It does taste more like a plum than a cherry. The Guardian had an article about cherry plums:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -plum-wine
Blackcurrant

Yes mirabelle or cherry plum. They make sensational jam, especially if you use the tarter, firmer less ripe ones. Nothing like it in the shops. You need to de-stone them but can use an olive/cherry pitter before boiling. Alternatively, boil without pitting and fish out the stones.
malumbu

Better than our crab apple tree then