Nutritional tips with a pinch of science 5 - Octopus

Is it right or wrong to eat octopus?

I do not know. Dieticians and guideline recommend eating at least two portions of fish per week and I find octopus potatoes salad a delicious meal.

But I must confess I have been really impressed by the film My Octopus Teacher and by the campaigners of the Animal Save Movement urging the protection of this animal. Up to the point that to distract myself I am now watching Octopussy with Roger Moore! :)

What I know for sure is that I would never ever eat an Octopus alive, and that the method of cooking is essential to avoid the sensation of rubber tyre in your mouth.

More seriously, Octopus meat is reach of lean nutrients, minerals, proteins that some people cannot easily get from other foods. So perhaps the answer to the question "Is it right or wrong to eat octopus?" is... it depends.

This fifth post of my Nutritional tips is the last. I hope somebody has appreciated few ideas and I wish everybody interested in nutrition and wellbeing to take the initiative to understand more.

For any advice on how to translate dietary requirements in lovely, healthy and simple meals do not hesitate to contact me privately.

Maria Longo

Mobile 07887990108

email [email protected]

Thank you for this link to the NHM page for the Octopus, much appreciated. I like the video of Steve the fisherman left without crabs by the Octopus :)

Rainbow trouts baked with a mix of herbs and lime juice and potatoes salad are a valid alternative, high in vitamin B12 and in Omega3 too.