Welcome, Guest!

The East Dulwich Forum is an online community to discuss anything and everything about SE22. We were established all the way back in 2006! You can find more information about us here.

It looks like you're not registered. If you want to sign up, please click this link.

Another priest jailed for child sex abuse

Discuss anything related to family life in East Dulwich.
spoiledtalent

I am sick and tired of reading news like this: Horsham catholic priest Anthony White jailed for child sex abuse
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-61763435

What is astonishing in all these crimes involving priests is the long chain of cover-ups.

I wonder if local councillors and others working in schools could not organise something that increases the resilience of the community and the ability of families and single individuals to spot report and stop early signs of abuses.

I have in mind for instance Spotlight, a movie that could work very well to raise awareness in a rational and very serious way, showing how the matter can be entangled with problems of class, status, race, politics, money. It could be projected in schools and churches.
oimissus

Unfortunately there are still sections of society that are deemed to be above scrutiny, and not just within faith groups. We seem to be incapable of learning from history.