Welcome, Guest!

The East Dulwich Forum is an online community to discuss anything and everything about SE22. We were established all the way back in 2006! You can find more information about us here.

It looks like you're not registered. If you want to sign up, please click this link.

Refuse Collection

Discuss life in London's East Dulwich. Talk about local restaurants, pubs, shops, services, transport, planning, it's up to you
Spartacus

Has Southwark announced a temporary suspension of refuse and recycling collections in this heat ?

Personally I would hope they have
Siduhe

I don't think anything formal has been announced but our bin was collected a couple of days late last week and the reason given for that was shortened rounds for the refuse teams due to the hot weather, so wouldn't be surprised if they have stopped all rounds today.
Alec1

Our bins on Trossachs were emptied this morning. Can't imagine what it's like for them doing that in this heat.
Bic Basher

My collection was cancelled on Monday.
Jenijenjen

This is from council website

“ This page includes household waste collection service updates for summer 2022. We are expecting some periods of extremely hot weather, and this may affect household waste collection services. This may include:

“Our crews will start work earlier on days when very hot weather is expected. This helps ensure work is completed before the hottest periods of the day.
The hotter weather can slow down working speeds, and this may mean that not all collections are complete on the normal days. We expect to catch up any outstanding collections on the following working day.
Almost all collections are being completed normally, and any late collections will be prioritised for the following day, so any delay should be less than 24 hours.

“If your collection is delayed, please ensure that your bin or bagged waste is left in the usual collection location ready for the crew. You do not need to report your collection as missed if it has been notified as delayed. If it is still outstanding by the following day, you can report a missed collection.”

My household waste has been collected, keeping fingers crossed for food recycling though I agree it must be horrible for them in this weather and wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t collected until tomorrow