Opinions of online estate agents - Purple Brick etc.

damzel

Has anyone bought or sold a property through an online estate agent? There seem to be loads of them now and the deal of c?600 is extremely tempting when considering the usual 1% fee of a high street EA, especially when you consider the ridiculous prices that houses in ED are selling for.

I'm wondering how much of service you get in terms of ensuring your potential buyer has a mortgage agreed and has a buyer for their property, finding out how long the chain is. And after the sale has been agreed, do they push the buyer through the process of getting surveys, instructing solicitors etc.?

I'd be grateful to hear personal experiences of buying/selling through online agents, but am not interested in opinions of those that work for estate agents. Thanks.

I'm wondering how much of service you get in terms of ensuring your potential buyer has a mortgage agreed and has a buyer for their property, finding out how long the chain is. And after the sale has been agreed, do they push the buyer through the process of getting surveys, instructing solicitors etc.?

I sold a property with No-Flies as well. Would absolutely recommend them. Brendan and Tony (at No-flies) have been excellent in communications with both myself and the buyers, checking buyer finances and their post sale advice has been top notch.

The main problem with Purple Brick, etc, is that you have to do your own viewings. Having someone available when potential buyers want to see it is rather important. Are you available evenings and weekends (and perhaps afternoons) for the next few weeks to a few months?