Favourite campsites?

mumra

OK, friends and I are planning to live with nature next weekend and we were so organised that we booked the date with each other a while back. But camping is so cool nowadays we are fast realsing that many good places (especially ones that allow campfires) are booked up well in advance. So, does anyone have any recomendations, especially ones of the beaten track???

Hmmm sounds lovely, but a bit far to travel methinks with a couple of cars full of toddlers. Seriously, all areas 3/4 hours or less out of London would be great. Used to go to one in Kent which was just a field where they let you have bonfires but they have stopped doing it now :( The infamous Blackberry wood is booked until October (!) and The orchards in Suffolk is again booked up till August. Though I have to say there may be a few cancellations this weekend with the flood warning..... But we are going next weekend when the sun will return I am sure!

Mumra, I have sent my suggestions for our sojourn to the mother of the Weasley's as I will not be in attendance this weekend. I feel I need to make some contribution, if only to stop the boys taking us to the woods so they can pretend they are Ray Mears and then realise it's at the bottom of a hill by a reservoir on the turn...

Have included quite a few that allow fires so fingers crossed.