Cleaning

ssunshine

Yep. ?25 for three hours plus the agency fee on top of that. We also pay four weeks hols (pro-rata) a year.

We do go through an agency - it does have it's advantages, though if you can find someone via a trustworthy personal recommendation I'd go with that. The agency is good at providing replacements if needed, especially at short notice when the regular can't make it.

I pay my cleaner direct, got through recommendation by a friend. ?10 an hour, and because it's just me and my partner and we aren't that messy we have her in 3 hours every other week.

I'm happy with her work - certainly a lot happier than I'd be having the money back and having to do it for myself!

Can I ask a really dumb question. When you go through an agency, you're covered by their insurance. But what happens if you go direct - do you have to tell your insurance providers you have a cleaner? And do your premiums go up?

I do, just not very often. Paying for a cleaner seems a bit self-indulgent when you're living on your own but I know I'm a bit of a cheapskate.

I had an issue with the too posh to clean thing and argued with the missus for years about it.

Then we had the mocklet and, as my sister-in-law said when she persuaded me, it's the best 30 quid a week you can possibly spend.

Invaluable.

Ours came through personal recommendation from our neighbour, she's an absolute star and terrifies the mocklet with her enthusiastic kisses every time, but she's not available to do any more in this neck of the woods I'm afraid.