Fire Work Displays!!!

pablo12

I was disgraced last night when i got to the firework display in dulwich village sport's ground last night with my 3 children, when they were looking for ?10 each to get in, i have never heard of that in my life and i have been to a few in my day's.I told the lady i hadnt got that kind of money, and she just looked and continued to what she was doing, i did expect maybey ?5 for me and the oldest, i went to battersay last year what was 5 FOR adults and it was a grand display, fantastic choice of song's to go with the display, but that lady last nite would have just watched me n my children walk away, and their was only 20mins left their was no Humilty their at all with lady with tickets !!! very sad

Their was no music playing to fireworks were i was, and it does make a difference, i think their was a little at the start before the display and think nit was coming from someones car! A joke it was, especially from dulwich village

Given that this is what we are capable of can someone explain why we are still fascinated by burning piles of wood.

Hyper Facade Berlin

Incidentally if you want to recreate this on your house in ED, they mapped the facade of a real building in Berlin, then created a virtual image of it, then put the real building in darkness and projected the virtual image onto it along with computer effects. Honestly it's about an afternoons work and about ?50, your kids will think you're so cool.

nashoi Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Given that this is what we are capable of can

> someone explain why we are still fascinated by

> burning piles of wood.

Because fire's tangible, and hot, and destructive, and dangerous, and evocative, and romantic, and primal, and smells great, and sounds great, and stirs the imagination, and you can cook potatoes in it.

Whereas that's, you know a powerpoint presentation with delusions of grandeur.