Travelling nanny and irregular hours

Sa16

Hi,

I wondered if anyone had any experience with a childminder/ nanny who worked very irregular hours and/ or travelled with you for work (or other reasons). My freelance work is very irregular and involves occasional travelling (mostly within Britain and Ireland) - maybe once every month or two. I would quite like to start doing a bit more now my son is 16 months but I'd really like to avoid leaving him at home if I have to spend time away. I'm probably trying to (impossibly) have the best of both worlds but it would be great to hear if anyone has managed to work out unusual arrangements with a childminder. We've been very lucky to have family help so far but looking at further options now!

By irregular hours I mean for example 1pm until 11.30pm.

any suggestions very welcome! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Your best bet is probably to ask a nanny agency - they will see so many different types of child care arrangement requests and know which ones they tend to be able to fill and which ones not. We recently used Dulwich Childcare to find us an after-school nanny and they were fantastic.

Hi Sa16,

Please get in touch with us if you are still looking for childcare. We have placed a number of childcarers with a number of registered parents who require sporadic days/weeks of childcare.

Please refer to other threads in the forum for recommendations about us and the type of services we provide.

I look forward to hearing from you - we would love to help!

Paula

Web: www.dulwichchildcare.com

Email: [email protected]

Tel. 0208 333 7431

Mob. 0797 136 7974