Advice about Cars

Hello,

Looking to buy a little 2nd hand car, not to do great distances, but something reliable and safe. I have no clue about cars so just wondering if anyone could share opinions on cars which can comfortably fit 2 child car seats and a buggy in the boot, but at the same time not too massive (I am rubbish at parking).

Thanks!

Which? do a Which?Car publication - it comes out once per year and covers both new and second hand across all styles and makes and has a gazillion tips on where and how to buy etc. Well worth a couple of quid. Has benchmark prices as well.

I think devsdev gives good advice. We got a relatively small car because I was worried about parking on our busy road (I am, ahem, not the world's best reverse parker). But you do very quickly get used to a bigger car, e.g. whenever we've had a hire car abroad. And now every time I can't fit stuff in the boot I do curse our decision. We had thought that once we got rid of the buggy we wouldn't need much space, but then as the kids get older you want to put their bikes in the boot, or go on camping trips, or ferry all their mates around? So yeah, go as big as you dare/can afford.