You can also drop donations for Calais at Dulwich Hamlet FC and Herne Hill market

Just as it says above really!

I know quite a few people are dropping donations to mine (147 upland rd) tomorrow morning between 9:00 and 12:00 noon but if it's more convenient you can also drop them off at

DULWICH HAMLET FOOTBALL CLUB - from 2pm tomorrow afternoon. (Saturday 5th)

OR

HERNE HILL MARKET - there will be a stall there for drops off on Sunday 6th.

What Calaid badly need:

SHOES: trainers or hiking shoes size 41-46

TENTS, COVERS, TARPAULIN

JACKETS: size SMALL and MEDIUM only

TRAVELLING BAGS

SOCKS

CANDLES or other lighting implements

BELTS

What calaid ALWAYS need:

Tracksuit trousers

Jeans size 28-32

Blankets

Sleeping bags

Soap

Shampoo

Toothbrushes

Toothpaste

Plastic bags

Woolly hats

Pants

Pots

Pans

What they DO NOT need:

WOMEN and CHILDREN?S CLOTHES or SHOES

Sheets

Pillows

Suits

Town Shoes

Jumpers

Wellingtons

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Anyone have any amount going over the next 4 weeks? thank tou
    • Please understand that I am not doubting the word of anyone who has posted here with problems with bought-in prepared meat, but (I am old) uncooked meat (perfectly 'good' meat) does smell often, we are too used to shrink wrapped and chilled supermarket meat which can be almost scent free - so we are surprised when 'butcher's' meat does smell (and often, if it is uncooked, quite strongly). Indeed game which is high can smell quite strongly, and not in a good way to our 21st C sensibilities, without being off - as in food poisoning off. Certainly prepared meat, when cooked, should smell enticing, and not at all bad - so the experiences quoted above are certainly very worrying - but younger people reading this should not be concerned, particularly, if fresh (raw) meat they have bought from e.g. a proper butchers has a smell to it. Which is not to say that something which smells rank shouldn't be a point of complaint. Even the smell of high-ish game, if left unwrapped, should dissipate once unwrapped. If it increases however it may be  cause for concern. But raw beef or lamb in the joint can often smell of something which isn't necessarily particularly nice, without it being worrying. It will tend to cook with more flavour.
    • Thanks tedfudge, great news, well done!!! 🦆😊
    • Just an update  The ducklings were picked up by a lady from an animal sanctuary Sussex,  hopefully they have a good life ahead of them
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In