Help - 2 night break with baby!

shorri

Desperately trying to find somewhere to go (the two of us plus 18 month old) for a weekend soon... As usual think self catering only option (ie need two bedrooms). Have been searching for hours on i/net for everything from caravan parks to holiday cottages without much luck.

Ideal scenario is a bit of countryside (was thinking maybe New Forest but not fussed). Does anyone know of a bolt hole they could recommend - somewhere nice and fairly accessible???? Someone must have cracked the "got to have a bit of an escape but can't leave little one behind" problem before us!!!

Any advice very gratefully received

Thanks

This isn't self catering but we did a break with baby to the Charlton House spa in Somerset and it was great! Spa was amazing and I thought good value. Lounge/bar had fires and lots of squashy sofas that my son climbed all over, monitor worked in the restaurant, food available all day including kid's menu, and great breakfast including buffet stuff for baby. We had to share a room but it was big, including a sofa area and big TV with cbeebies!

The spa was definitely the best part. Indoor outdoor hydrotherapy pools with loads of jets, outdoor hot tub, sauna, steam room, etc, etc. They offer treatments too but you can use the pools as much as you like (not baby, but my husband and I took turns enjoying the spa).

We've been to Ickworth Hotel in Suffolk a few times with our children. It was lovely and they obviously cater for children. I can't say it's the most relaxing as there are about a million other children, but it was nice and you can either stay in the main hotel or have an apartment. They have a nice small spa for adults, and a restaurant for the children and one for the adults (they have babysitters/nannies or use a listening device for young babies). It's part of the Luxury Family Hotels range they have other hotels dotted around the UK. Have fun.

We stayed here earlier in the year, they have a self catering chalet in the grounds.

http://www.pennylands.co.uk/

It is one of those flat pack, self builds but was so cosy and comfy. It is 2 bedrooms as is all on one level so perfect for your toddler. We made a cheeky offer of about ?250 I think which she accepted as it was a very last minute booking.

Even if that place isn't available Broadway is a great place to go, only a couple of hours drive away. It is a gorgeous Cotswolds village but had lots of nice pubs, restarts etc and a really good big playground. Also Cheltenham is only about 15 mins drive away which is lovely. So much so that when we returned my husband enquirer about transferring there with his work, no joy :(

We also stayed in Charltom House and it is gorgeous but it was when I was pregnant so wasn't looking at it through parents eyes but I imagine as hotels go it would be good with kids.

Enjoy your break.

We stayed in one of these cabins in the Forest of Dean. They were absolutely amazing! They do plenty of other locations. We had a 3 bedroom with very comfortable lounge, sep kitchen and dining area, 2 bathrooms ....and a hot tub on the patio. If you fancy a little bit a drive to get completely away from it all, I would certainly recommend them!

MrsLL2b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There was a hot tub at our one too I just didn't

> use

> It as it was February. But you never know the

> heatwave might last!

We went early March and the hot tub was just the ticket! It was always on and their was not waiting around for it to heat up. Not sure I'd fancy it in summer.