To Au Pair families in ED

Our first Au Pair is about to arrive next week and we wondered if there are any other Au Pairs in the neighbourhood who would be interested to meet up. Or maybe there is an Au Pair meeting point somewhere?

Our Au Pair is from Germany and she will be looking after our toddler. We thought it might be nice to for her to meet other young people locally who do something similar.

If you have any ideas or tips please let me know.

I know that there are a couple of German (or at least they speak German and aren't English, apologies if they are Austrian, or another nationality practising their German!) childminder/nanny/au pairs (not sure which) who I see at a few things, Tippee Toes on a Thursday and All Saints playgroup on Wednesday, so maybe your au pair could go along to those and try to hook up with them. They're nice groups to go to anyway!

I have a spanish au pair arriving next week - she would also love to meet some people. I think there is a regular gathering for au pairs on sunday at cafe nero maybe? My previous au pair went a few times - think maybe they arrange via the east dulwich au Pair facebook page?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, thanks for your replies, I've just seen them - as I had most replies via PM! So I forgot to look in the thread.

We have already made some contacts. Largeginandtonic, I'll send you a PM with our contact details for the arrival of your Au Pair. And reren and oimissus, thanks for the tips, we'll look into those!

• 1 month later...