Finding free KS1 Sats practice on the net?

Cora

My son just announced he wanted to do some Sats practice....wanting to encourage this I have just spent ages trying to find some practice sheets/games on the net that you don't have to register or pay for....Have just given up and told him to play a computer game instead?! Any tips should he show such interest again?!

Hi Cora,

I'm a year 4 Primary school teacher. I'm assuming your child is in Year 4? (or going into year 4 from Sept)

Anyway, in Year 3 and 4 there are Optional Sats Papers- I'm sure there are websites which offer free downloads. (let me know if you have difficulty finding them I'm sure I have some on a memory stick somewhere)

It doesn't matter which date they are from. The main downfall for children during SATS is not answering the qestions properly.

Simply getting your child to read the qestions properly and have practise answering different questioning is good preparation!

HOpe that helps?

Anna

Just re-ready your comment.. the papers are 8 years old, not your child! oops

SATs are pretty much being done away with anyway. This is the last real year and even then they were optional. The schools don't have to accept the grade given if they decided to get them externally marked. This said, I believe it is still useful to have as much experience of answering different questioning as they will experience this during teacher assessment and later on in secondary school anyway.