Recommended - short-term let if you're doing building work!

rebeccaben

We have just completed an extension and prior to starting we knew we wanted to move out during the worst of it. However, we found to near impossible to find a short-term let in the immediate area which was vital. One child is at nursery and another in a nanny share so we really needed (and wanted) to stay local. Luckily I posted a note on the Forum and the owner of a lovely place in Denmark Hill got in touch.

I just wanted to heartily recommend the rental for anyone considering something similar. The house is lovely and well-maintained and it was literally like going to a hotel - we only had to bring our clothes and toys. Everything from crockery to towels to sheets (and a weekly cleaner) is included. The little close that it is in is truly unique, with all the neighbours being very friendly and welcoming. We marvelled about how it was like the suburbs of our childhoods, the way that all the children ran around and rode bikes and scooters until it got dark together. As there is no through-traffic, it was safe and felt like another world from London! It was also a fun change to stay in a "modern" home when we have only known Victorian houses. My preference will always be for period features, but it was a refreshing change to have huge glass windows and open-plan living.

Anyway, it was the best thing we did to move out while the builders tore down our house to put it back together. The link to the house is here if anyone is interested:

http://www.sabbaticalhomes.com/Home_Rent_House_Rental_London_United_Kingdom_77320.htm