CPZs and visitor permits

mancity68

Now that we have this ridiculous CPZ in place I have to pay for a visitor permit for tradespeople working in my house. But I can't make sense of the Southwark rules for virtual visitor permits. It seems I can book to use one in advance but it doesn't say how far in advance. If I know a plumber is arriving on a certain day but don't know the time, can I book to use it 10 mins before he arrives? Or do i have to take a punt the day before? Virtual permits are cheaper than paper ones but seem harder to use!

Help!

Family and friends can park and visit ok before 12pm or after 2pm if they want and free at weekends.

As long as you know the vehicle make, model and registration number you can book a visitor permit on-line for ?2.50 the day before with no worries about them getting a fine. I've since found that this is the best way to do it.

If you want to take a chance and say they turn up at 12.00pm on the day, you can book their details on-line but not until 12.15 as the Southwark website only works in a 15 minute timescale so your plumber would have to wait around or drive around for 15 minutes until 12.15 and hopefully not get a ticket.

Basically you can't book the permit in advance if it's within the 12-2pm timescale or whatever timescale is in force.