Lost Post.... Sorting Office

I have recently moved into the area and quite surprised that my post including things ordered before Christmas has not turned up. The best has got to be a Christmas Card posted on 15/12/2017 that turned up this week - I hasten to add all correctly addressed. More worryingly, a white card which apparently only used before Christmas also turned up this week which was my diploma when I went to sorting office. Is this normal? Clearly yes as when Zi was queuing heard about parcels not arriving and more worryingly staff not being able to locate parcel and no explanation. Have informed post office and for those of you who are interested, this seems to havebeen a re accruing problem in Dulwich in general according to Dulwich Society Newletter. In future will pay for courtier service....

They were understaffed in the run up to Christmas and the Permanent guy ended up getting sick and was off for 3 weeks over the holidays. He has returned to chaos.

Be kind to them when you go in. I was in the other day and people were being downright horrid to the poor fellow!

Just rang my bank again about my thoughts on intercepted posts (someone keeps re-ordering my bank cards obviously trying to intercept them - already involved police and royal mail but it's taking a lot of my time).

Bank - there's substantial attempts at the moment to intercept post by a gang across london.

(of course I've no idea how they do this - maybe follow the postman around and pull back letters not pushed completely through - or other means.)

Bank - there's substantial attempts at the moment to intercept post by a gang across london.

My experience is of infiltration of temporary staff into sorting and delivery offices. I lost a cheque book that way. At times of high demand (like Christmas and when there's a lot of sickness) it is far easier to get staff into post on a temporary basis. Also some permanent staff have been suborned into working for gangs, though I have no evidence that that is relevant to our area. The best way to intervene is not at the delivery end but the posting end - so diverting cards or cheque books as they are sent for initial sorting, when there are lots to choose from. However 15 years ago I do recall seeing temporary posties holding letters up to the light to check their contents, so it does happen at 'our' end too.

It's the same everywhere with the Royal Mail.

This not being in East Dulwich, I posted a letter using the recorded letter service for something that was important and at a cost of ?1.74. It never arrived, I sent it (a copy) again using normal post, which did duly arrive. Regarding the missing recorded letter, to this day if I type in the barcode number on the website, it informs me that "Congratulations, your letter is progressing through our system", and the date it was posted.........15th November 2016!!!

None of the 40 odd Xmas cards that we sent arrived before Xmas, having been posted on the 15th and when I went to the sorting office at the beg of Jan to complain, I was told that two vans had been held up - one at gun point, the other at knife point - on the 16th Dec and all the post was lost. Don't doubt other posters' bad experiences, but clearly not all of their making. Mercifully, neither driver was hurt during the robberies.

apmuso Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> None of the 40 odd Xmas cards that we sent arrived

> before Xmas, having been posted on the 15th and

> when I went to the sorting office at the beg of

> Jan to complain, I was told that two vans had been

> held up - one at gun point, the other at knife

> point - on the 16th Dec and all the post was lost.

> Don't doubt other posters' bad experiences, but

> clearly not all of their making. Mercifully,

> neither driver was hurt during the robberies.

Crikey, was that in East Dulwich?

Ever since I complained to the Royal Mail - My mail always has an elastic band around it, so there is some kind of change :).

My debit card was reported stolen (not by me) yesterday and text 'a new one will be sent to your home address' received - someone still trying one month later with the identity theft stuff - time to ask for a new bank account me thinks. These people just don't stop.

apmuso Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> None of the 40 odd Xmas cards that we sent arrived

> before Xmas, having been posted on the 15th and

> when I went to the sorting office at the beg of

> Jan to complain, I was told that two vans had been

> held up - one at gun point, the other at knife

> point - on the 16th Dec and all the post was lost.

> Don't doubt other posters' bad experiences, but

> clearly not all of their making. Mercifully,

> neither driver was hurt during the robberies.

good god - my troubles started on the 18th.