Dulwich cash machines - potential fraud this weekend

Just found fraudulent activity on my bank card today and suspect it to be from either of two cash machines on Lordship lane. I took cash out on Saturday from the Post Office and then again on Sunday from the Co-op.

Normally just use contactless on that particular card, so assuming that these are the two potential culprits. Has anyone else had the same experience? If so, I'll get onto Co-op or Post office and get them to sort it out.

Card cancelled, bank refunding etc.

Bank won't tell you anything if my experiences are anything to go by - they'll refund you and deal with it as a crime against them.

It would be nice to hear there were some convictions in some of these cases.

I think you will find the bank will not do anything. I used my card to buy a pair of trainers in a shop in Carnaby St and in the next statement there was an American Airline charge for ?950 on my card. I reported it to my bank and they removed it from my statement. About a month later I don't know what got into me but I rang American Airlines in the US and quoted a long number next to the transaction on the statement and explained what had happened. The lady said "oh" in surprise, wouldn't give me details but did confirm the ticket hadn't been used yet. I asked if the bank had been in touch and she said no, the ticket was valid. I left it there and assumed the bank just wrote off the loss to it's P&L

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hi, I’m looking for any boxes I can move stuff in.   thank you 
    • Wasn't me mystic mog, my friends wife , but I will pass on your thanks to her 🙂
    • Anyone have any amount going over the next 4 weeks? thank tou
    • Please understand that I am not doubting the word of anyone who has posted here with problems with bought-in prepared meat, but (I am old) uncooked meat (perfectly 'good' meat) does smell often, we are too used to shrink wrapped and chilled supermarket meat which can be almost scent free - so we are surprised when 'butcher's' meat does smell (and often, if it is uncooked, quite strongly). Indeed game which is high can smell quite strongly, and not in a good way to our 21st C sensibilities, without being off - as in food poisoning off. Certainly prepared meat, when cooked, should smell enticing, and not at all bad - so the experiences quoted above are certainly very worrying - but younger people reading this should not be concerned, particularly, if fresh (raw) meat they have bought from e.g. a proper butchers has a smell to it. Which is not to say that something which smells rank shouldn't be a point of complaint. Even the smell of high-ish game, if left unwrapped, should dissipate once unwrapped. If it increases however it may be  cause for concern. But raw beef or lamb in the joint can often smell of something which isn't necessarily particularly nice, without it being worrying. It will tend to cook with more flavour.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In