Dog attacked my mum

tash b

At around 3pm today my mum was walking along hill court road going to p13 bus stop there was 2 lady?s standing talking at a distance 1 had a terrier type breed as my mum just walked past it jumped out at her growling caught hold of her cardigan she had on and was shaking and growling aggressively on it.

My mum called me straight after quite upset due to shock.

Has anyone seen this dog brown and white and owner in her 30s medium length brown hair as I want to make her aware it should be muzzled if it is capable of doing that for no reason to a adult walking past it what would it do to a small child who?s face it could reach.

If the owner is reading this be aware that I am local and will be keeping a very close eye out for you now if you own a dog then be a responsible one and muzzle it.

Any dog can bite a child's face, that's the reality.

A dog grabbing an adult's cardigan (however scary that may be) doesn't make it more likely to bite a child's face than a dog which doesn't jump-up to adults.

But the owner should have apologised, and yes there's an argument for greater control of that dog (perhaps including muzzling).

Kidkruger my post says it jumped out grabbed her cardigan was growling and shaking it, luckily she moved her hand quick so if that had been a child of a certain height then god only knows,

I?m a dog owner myself and I have to muzzle myn because she doesn?t like other dogs but would never behave in that way towards people so yes it should be muzzled there?s no perhaps about it.