Learn to Sew 1: Make Friends With a Sewing Machine Workshop 15 July 2015

DATE: Wednesday 15 July 2015

TIME: 6.45pm - 9.30pm

TEACHER: Tilly Walnes of Tilly and the Buttons

PRICE: ?55 (includes a goodie bag and celebratory drink)

BOOK THROUGH OUR ONLINE SHOP: shop.tillyandthebuttons.com

WHO IS IT FOR?

This workshop is perfect for anyone who wants to start using a sewing machine for the first time, or who hasn?t sewn in a while and needs a refresher.

"Tops any previous class I've been to by miles... highly recommended" - Kate

WHAT WILL I LEARN?

How to set up and thread a sewing machine

Getting to grips with stitching ? tips for straight lines, curves and corners

Sew a simple scarf to tie around your head, neck or bag

Tips on getting into sewing ? easy project ideas, essential tools and how to choose a sewing machine

WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING ALONG?

No need to bring anything with you, we?ll provide tools and sewing machines for you to use, plus fabric and thread to make your scarf. You?ll also get a goodie bag to take away with you, and at the end of the class we?ll toast your new sewing skills with a drink!

WHO IS THE TEACHER?

Tilly Walnes is a DIY dressmaker, sewing pattern designer, teacher, author of book Love at First Stitch, and the founder of popular sewing blog www.tillyandthebuttons.com. She creates easy-to-use step-by-step guides to sewing your own clothes for modern makers. Tilly has ten years? experience working in training and education, and loves to help people discover the joy of dressmaking. Tilly has been featured in the likes of The Guardian and The New York Times, been named "sewing's new star" by Mollie Makes and ?Best for DIY Fashion? by Channel 4, and has sewn on telly in BBC2?s The Great British Sewing Bee.