Green Chain Walk - 21 miles on Saturday 13th!

Ian Bull

Hullo everyone

Apologies for the short notice. On Saturday, 13th October, there's a chance to walk right to the Easternmost end of the Green Chain Walk at Erith - 21 miles. Average walking pace of 3mph and a packed lunch are vital. The views and woodland are outstanding.

Start outside Crystal Palace railway station at 9am. Finish by the Thames at Erith - 6pm. Plenty of trains back home.

If you look back in ED?you'll see that this annual walk has been offered since 2007. Hundreds have taken part and everyone has thoroughly enjoyed it. Alas, I do expect a small donation for leading this but it's a thoroughly good day out.

It's turn-up-and-go and if you want more details just e-mail me...

[email protected]

All the best

Ian

020 7223 3572

Hullo Evea

Dogs are most welcome and in 2009 a Border Collie completed the entire 21 miles with energy to spare!

Incidentally, for all those who wish to take part, my No. tomorrow will be...

077 998 101 78 This cannot reply to texts.

All the best

Ian

Hullo Evea

Thank-you for writing.

I won't be offering another walk of this length in 2018 and probably not this one again until September 2019.

I will be offering several shorter walks. These aren't generally advertised, the 21 mile 'Megawalk' is the exception. The participants come from a list of just over 400 people who have asked to join-in either whilst taking part in walks I've led for TfL or London Boroughs.

The next two walks in October will both have a historical narration and be besides the Thames between Walton-upon-Thames and Windsor. In November there will be a shorter yet heavily narrated historical tour of the former Royal Naval Dockyard and Royal Arsenal in Woolwich. Also in November there will be one or possibly two walks to London's best woodland to make the most of the Autumn colours.

If you or anyone reading would be interested in receiving invitations to these walks just send me a PM, so as to avoid making e-mail addresses public.

All the best

Ian

Many thanks to all who wrote via 'PM'. You all have replies and I look forward to seeing you on the walks that I guide. Later Autumn may see a walk from Nunhead to Crystal Palace on the Green Chain Walk to enjoy the verdant colours.

I helped to devise that footpath in 2009 so we won't get lost!

All the best

Ian