Forum Sponsors

https://urbanistarchitecture.co.uk/free-architect-consultation/

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageBlocking websites from phone
Posted by alice September 05, 01:29PM

Is there an easy way to block websites from an iPhone or better still a place where someone will do it for me. Thanks

messageRe: Blocking websites from phone
Posted by ed_pete September 05, 02:07PM

I think that you can use the in-built Parental Controls settings on an iPhone to prevent access to certain websites.

Posted by alice September 05, 02:54PM

Thanks Pete I tried that but you can only block all websites and kind of add your own which would be impossible. itís more blocking individual websites that I want to do.

Posted by ianr September 05, 03:24PM

It is possible to block websites at the browser level, maybe via an add-on. Here, for example, are some recommendations on how to do it in Firefox. [m.wikihow.com] I've no personal experience, though I do ad-blocking, which is probably effected similarly.

ETA Just had a longer look at that reference. I see that methods 4 and 5 are general phone apps, for iPhones and Androids respectively.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was september 05, 04:02pm by ianr.

Posted by JohnL September 05, 07:53PM

Screentime claims to do it (not tested)

settings->screentime->content&privacy restrictions->content restrictions->web content (add website to never allow list)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was september 05, 07:56pm by JohnL.

Posted by Seabag September 05, 11:10PM

What websites?

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum