*Fake News Sorry * Laura Kuenssberg leaves BBC

JohnL

She's only taking a break but a few people having a laugh and I fell for it :)

Off to ITV in September - must be seen as a promotion but is it as high profile.

I was never sure why Faisal Islam left Sky for a much less high profile role with BBC - Maybe he'll move into Laura K's role ?

https://www.itn.co.uk/press-releases/itv-announces-laura-kuenssberg-as-business-editor/

Far as I know there's generally more cash for less work when folk of such calibre/reputation leave the BBC for ITV, Sky, LBC etc. She'll probably have an easier life as well. Less scrutiny. Shan't miss her much myself but even if I did it wouldn't be enough to lure me into watching ITV.

If you see her workload and compare it to that of Sky, ITN, etc, it does not even compare. Currently she will have to file TV and radio bulletin pieces, but there are also the long radio interviews, having to be available for all TV, Online and radio shows like PM for lives, Today etc. And also file on Twitter and other social media. Other stations like those mentioned have much fewer outlets on only one or two platform, ie. TV and radio or TV and Online. Good on her. I am glad she is not jokey and joshy on air - she can get across humour etc. in her choice of words, not necessarily her demeanour. Who wants a zany political correspondent? Not I

womanofdulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hope she will be very happy there. She always

> seems bitterly unhappy and miserable when she is

> on. I might even start to watch the News again.

I assume you are implying that she has the look of a bulldog chewing a wasp on her face when she presents news she doesn't like 😱😆