Out of curiosity........

sweetgirl

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> sweetgirl wants to see the successful

> posting/sales history I think, to form a view on

> reliability of seller.

Personally, I'm less concerned about the success of the seller, & more the time-wasting of potential buyers. I also find it sketchy when people just want to 'come & have a look', if the seller has already provided numerous pictures, measurements & even a link to the original store they bought the item from. What else is there to look at? Other than an opportunity to enter your home & general nosiness. Not everyone has that kind of time on their hands. Many people, like myself, work a full day {+ weekends!}. Due to the consistent time-wasting of trade through the forums, I've stopped.

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> sweetgirl wants to see the successful

> posting/sales history I think, to form a view on

> reliability of seller.

Thank you KK that's exactly it

I have done business with many wonderful people on the forum, I think a persons ad history says a lot about their selling tactics/reliability as a seller.

I have seen, for example, a regular on here, whom I believe is selling cars on his sons behalf!

(I honestly don't think you can have more cars than hot dinners)

That's ok, but at least I know it's a business he's running rather than just having clear out, if that makes sense

I also don't have a problem with people editing their ad titles with "sold", that's perfectly fine.

In fact that's quite helpful!

My gripe comes with people completely deleting posts.

When reading ads, I generally do look at previous posts as some people are just trolls & not worth entertaining. (Depending on the type of ad of course)