THURSDAY: Singing Group for Mums with Babies

Thula Mama - an acapella singing group for mums with pre-crawling babies.

Come and settle into a warm cosy sofa with your baby, be brought endless cups of tea and home-made cake, catch up with other mothers (who come back every week!) and sing exquisite songs and lullabies under the guidance of a mum who knows what you really need.

Thula Mama singing group is designed specifically to nourish the needs of mums as well as their babies. Far from a traditional baby music group, at Thula Mama the mothers sing chants, lullabies and songs from around the world in beautiful acapella harmony.

We believe that singing together is a way of developing a sense of community and is a grounding and confidence-building activity for mothers who can often feel very isolated.

Full of laughs, story-sharing, reviving singing, delicious cake and welcome release!

There are spaces for the next half term - starting this Thursday (26th). First session FREE, then ?10 per session, booking per half term. Sessions take place at my home in East Dulwich every Thursday morning between 10 and 11.30am.

Please email Elizabeth to book a free trial session: [email protected]

Check out the facebook page for reviews, examples of the songs we sing and photos of the delicious cakes! www.facebook.com/thulamamaED

Id like to recommend Elisabeth's singing group. It's been an amazing experience for both me and my little toddler - she started singing at some point throughout the sessions ( she's 2 and 4 months) and she would constantly ask us to help her fall asleep to some of the gospel songs learnt . There was never enough of "Bella mama" and it was amazing to see her passion for singing coming through at such a young age.By now her repertoire has evolved and we can ofte hear her getting her teddies to sleep with her lovely voice :)

I'm not a great singer but I love singing and we want to expose our daughter to a lot of music since it seems to help calm her a bit ... it was also lovely to have a cuppa and chill and all the mums we met were really lovely.

I would also highly recommend this group. I have been going with my 4 month old since September, you really do get a warm welcome, a chance to chat with other mums and Elizabeth is great at putting you at ease for the singing. Apart from the fab home made cakes (that are delicious!), the singing is the best bit though! Lovely soothing lullabies, perfect for babies and some more unusual melodies that sound beautiful as a small group, and some really catchy tunes you find yourself humming all week. The babies all seem to be captivated by it, and it's a great uplifter for you. If you are unsure - try it. You just have to enjoy singing,not be perfect at it.....I'm certainly not!

Highly recommended, we will be back for the next term (and more lemon shortbread please Elizabeth...)!

Just to say that this really is a lovely group. I've been a going to the group for the last half term and look forward to it every week. It's really nurturing and friendly and a good way to meet other mums. Best of all no twinkle twinkle little star but lovely songs from all over the world...I spend the rest of the week singing them to my baby before I get some new ones at the next session. All the babies seem really blissed out during the sessions...we seem to have very few tantrums or hysterics! I'm not a good singer but Elizabeth is very encouraging and teaches the songs in a way that anyone can pick up. Definitely recommended! Cake 10/10!!

Just to add...this really is a lovely group. I've been a going to the group for the last half term and look forward to it every week. It's really nurturing and friendly and a good way to meet other mums. Best of all no twinkle twinkle little star but lovely songs from all over the world...I spend the rest of the week singing them to my baby before I get some new ones at the next session. All the babies seem really blissed out during the sessions...we seem to have very few tantrums or hysterics! I'm not a good singer but Elizabeth is very encouraging and teaches the songs in a way that anyone can pick up. Definitely recommended! Cake 10/10!!

Another recommendation here! I've been going with my now 7 month old since September too and I've really enjoyed learning some lovely songs and bubba seems to enjoy it too. Elizabeth is a great teacher and her cakes really are fantastic!

I absolutely love thyrsday morning singing with Elizabeth, such a warm and friendly environment that puts me in a lovely mood for the day (even if i am sleep deprived!!). Such beautiful songs that my baby loves. Elizabeth is the best host and her home is so welcoming. It is by far the baby group i look forward to the most!

Archived