Forum Sponsors

www.clintonmckenzie.com
xxxx
Your Local Personal Trainer

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageWanted: Library shelves for charity
Posted by mikegat May 09, 10:13PM

Hi,

Strange request! We're trying to improve a library that was set up in a village near Freetown, Sierra Leone just over ten years ago. The library houses visiting classes from local schools every day and has a well established children's section which is helping improve literacy in the district but we're trying to set up a better adult section to support those out of school and in further education. We've had donations of books for the adult library but are short on good sturdy freestanding shelves to stack them on. If any local Camberwell/Dulwich residents know of any being disposed of that could be given another life over in SL I'd be really keen to get in touch!

Thanks,
Mike

messageRe: Wanted: Library shelves for charity
Posted by gabys1st May 12, 11:55PM

having helped out in Tobagonian village school I found that not one kid in the class had a book at Home. Collected loads of books but the shelving was a problem, eventaully solved by locals building them.

messageRe: Wanted: Library shelves for charity
Posted by mikegat May 13, 09:04AM

Hi, sounds like a similar situation then! Thanks for the advice - I think that may be what we eventually do. It would be nice not to cut down more trees but the shelves are really important.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum