We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://avakitchens.co.uk

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageDoing Drama at Charter
Posted by Katy Tonbridge 17 October, 2014 15:52

My son at Charter School really doesn't enjoy drama, it's his least favourite school activity (and I have to sympathise, I didn't have to do any drama after the age of 11 and have no regrets). Does anyone know at what point drama becomes optional at Charter? He's currently in Year 7. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2014:10:17:16:03:26 by Katy Tonbridge.

messageRe: Doing Drama at Charter
Posted by Curmudgeon 17 October, 2014 17:05

I don't know for Charter specifically but would be surprised if it wasn't compulsory throughout KS3

It's fine for him not to enjoy everything ...he just needs to try his best

Posted by katgod 17 October, 2014 17:47

The curriculum guide I got at the open day says it is weekly in years 7,8 and 9. It's teaching him confidence, promoting respect for other cultures and about the development of the art form while also encouraging a life long love of the subject apparently!
I had to do it at secondary school and considered it a well earned break from proper school.

Posted by uncleglen 17 October, 2014 19:21

I am glad to hear that everyone has to do a bit of everything in years 7,8 and 9 because you never know.....

Posted by brezzo 17 October, 2014 21:16

I am sure if you email or call the head of KS3 at the school, they will be able to answer your enquiry.

Posted by sillywoman 17 October, 2014 22:49

He can opt out for year 10.

Posted by Katy Tonbridge 17 October, 2014 23:01

Thanks all, son is relieved it's only compulsory for three years, he was assuring me he'd be having to do it until Year 11.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum