Short breaks near London - 2 families, 2 x 6yrs, 2 toddlers....

We had a long holiday planned with friends of ours but my work has kyboshed it.

We want to find an alternative, a shorter holiday, close to London if poss. Thinking maybe 3/4 nights.

We both have two crazy 6 year olds who need constant play and energy burn

We both have two smaller ones (toddler/early walker) so need to keep that in mind..,

One family are adaptive and practiced campers, one family isn?t (us).

Any advice welcome. I?ve googled stay farms Kent etc and not found anything particularly inspiring.

Try a Real Fsmily Holiday with the Field Services Council. We spent half term at Juniper Hall in Surrey and my boys had a great time romping through the woods, building dens, playing hide and seeek with the other children, climbing trees etc. Accommodation is youth hostel style with shared bathrooms and the food isn?t gourmet but we all had a good time and came back tired, muddy and de-stressed.

Thanks digbina

Good to know. It?s a shame that their offer is so limited- only one week in april and one week in August on their booking page, and we can?t do either.... but may be very useful in future so thank you!

We have had some lovely times at different Featherdown farms - Warren farm has been the best so far but perhaps a bit further than you want to go. They have some in Kent/Sussex but we haven't stayed in any of these.

Nethergong Camping is closer (east Kent) and you can camp/they have various glamping options. Not too far from the coast.

For more traditional camping Rother Valley campsite is great and has a steam train close by which takes you to Bodium Castle. The ACP campsite in Alfriston is fab too, very child friendly and not far from the sea.

Hope you find something suitable.

I recommend Fishers Farm park near Horsham. They have accommodation though it is pricey, but there must be other options nearby. It's got rides, animals, climbing, trampolines etc. It kept my son happy for a whole day, and he wants to go back. And unlike any other 'theme park' ever, I would too! It's on the right scale without constant noise or big queues. To the east of Horsham is the llama park which we didn't get to but looks good for another day out.