We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.fabbeautelondon.com

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

www.aardvarksweeps.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageQuarantine query
Posted by mancity68 August 15, 09:36AM

So, if you've already had Covid do you still have to quarantine on return from overseas? Can't seem to find the answer. I'm presuming yes because there is still no firm view on whether you can get it twice. (Hypothetical question - I'm not going anywhere!)

messageRe: Quarantine query
Posted by Penguin68 August 15, 10:22AM

The government's quarantine requirements cover all entrants from the 'forbidden' countries, regardless of individual health conditions. You are correct that there are no certain figures for immunity after previous infection, although there are no proven cases of 'second' infections. [There were suggestions earlier on that there might have been some, but problems with testing mean that it was uncertain whether they had actually recovered before being tested positive again.]

If you have had it, however, I would personally be a lot less worried about contracting it again this year at least.

Posted by Spartacus August 15, 10:43AM

Whilst you may have had it and unlikely to catch it full blown again, there isn't any evidence either way concerning if you could be a carrier and potentially able to spread it if you've been in contact with someone who's got it currently

So much we still don't know about the virus.

Posted by mancity68 August 15, 10:54AM

Thanks. Both in line with what I thought. I haven't had it and am not travelling - but my parents have neighbours who live half time in Europe, frequently to ing and fro ing across the Channel. The neighbours have both definitely had Covid. I confess to being a curtain twitching nosey neighbour, worried about my folks, curious to see, when they return this time, what they do. On past months' evidence, pay no notice at all I suspect!

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum