Anthenlay Road - dangerous driving and speeding

I moved to Fernholme Road last year and I find it shocking to find a thread from 2015 about this issue?! Seems to me this speeding issue has been going on for years and I cannot believe that nothing has been done about it... in the past 3 months I've almost been hit by numerous drivers that are using this road as a shortcut and think quicker they drive cooler they are... is there something we can do about this? Or is council waiting for a car accident or child death before they stop this speeding issue?

This is a residential road but also a cut through road and unless this road has numerous speed bums this speeding will NOT STOP. Can we start a petition or get the local council to promote this suggestion to council?

Thanks Lenka

I suggest you go for road narrowing and not speed bumps unless you want your houses to shake like on every other street round here where speed bumps have gone in. I really hope after spending 10s of thousands putting in and then removing speed bumps all along Ivydale that the council does not waste more taxpayer money. The road narrowing are good.

Thank you for letting me know about this meeting. I was not aware of this meeting and as I work North London I will, sadly, not be able to attend. Does anyone know if there is another meeting scheduled for foreseeable future?

I just find it astonishing that after so many years and complains council has not done anything about it. But I guess we are dealing with Southwark council and as their previous leaseholder I am not surprise they don't care.

Go for a liveable neighbourhood / bus gate / modal filter if you can, to cut out the cut through. Most traffic calming doesn't work because through traffic inherently doesn't want to be calmed. The council put in speed humps, the anti-social brigade buy big Range Rovers that can cruise over the top of them.