Lovely cat looking for a good home

mvt

Hello

We're looking for a new home for our cat Albie. He's 7 years old, in good health and has a lovely friendly personality. We're reluctantly looking to give him away as we think he'll be happier elsewhere - since the arrival of our son over a year ago.

Albie is a handsome chap, pictures attached, and very much a lap cat. He's friendly with everyone including strangers and children, but not so keen on noisy toddlers. He's an outdoor cat and knows how to use a scratching post. He's up to date with his jabs and flea and worming treatment.

If you're interested in giving Albie a loving home with a garden then please do PM me. We live in SE22. Albie generally gets on fine with other cats, but is definitely more of a lover than a fighter!

Thanks

Matt

Not wanting to judge, but it has to be said that when you take on the responsibility for a pet, you take on the responsibility for their lifetime and now just when it suits you.

Your cat seems quite happy - you could just say you just don't want him anymore. Would that be fair?

Kids and pets are actually a great combo.

Toddlers turn into older children, and with the right guidance become a lot quieter and more gentle. Our cats used to keep their distance from our toddler (who's a lot more boisterous than his 6 year old brother) when he was younger, but at 2.5 he's calmer and they like him a lot more. Especially as he takes it upon himself to feed them, and give them gentle strokes and head tickles.

I was desperate for a pet growing up. I think it's lovely for children to be around animals, teaches them about kindness and responsibility for others. I really hope you reconsider and are able to make it work for you, they might end up as great pals! x

tarafitness Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Toddlers turn into older children, and with the

> right guidance become a lot quieter and more

> gentle. Our cats used to keep their distance from

> our toddler (who's a lot more boisterous than his

> 6 year old brother) when he was younger, but at

> 2.5 he's calmer and they like him a lot more.

> Especially as he takes it upon himself to feed

> them, and give them gentle strokes and head

> tickles.

>

> I was desperate for a pet growing up. I think

> it's lovely for children to be around animals,

> teaches them about kindness and responsibility for

> others. I really hope you reconsider and are able

> to make it work for you, they might end up as

> great pals! x

That's a lovely picture, tarafitness!

mvt Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello

>

> We're looking for a new home for our cat Albie.

> He's 7 years old, in good health and has a lovely

> friendly personality. We're reluctantly looking to

> give him away as we think he'll be happier

> elsewhere - since the arrival of our son over a

> year ago.

>

> Albie is a handsome chap, pictures attached, and

> very much a lap cat. He's friendly with everyone

> including strangers and children, but not so keen

> on noisy toddlers. He's an outdoor cat and knows

> how to use a scratching post. He's up to date with

> his jabs and flea and worming treatment.

>

> If you're interested in giving Albie a loving home

> with a garden then please do PM me. We live in

> SE22. Albie generally gets on fine with other

> cats, but is definitely more of a lover than a

> fighter!

>

> Thanks

>

> Matt

He looks like a lovely cat.

What about giving albie some higher places to hang out - out of reach of toddler so he can eacape if he wants to?

Agree he looks a lovely happy cat. Nice for kids and pets to geow up together...

HP

From experience (my kids) newborns / young children and cats (or other pets) aren?t mutually exclusive, they can co-habit well.

As a young child, growing up with pets is great !

Chucking a member of the family out, such as Albie, hopefully is avoidable.

Hello, we?re a family of three and are thinking about getting a cat for our seven year old son who?s calm and gentle. We live in a house on Ondine Road and have a garden backing onto the wildlife trust centre. If any of that sounds good, perhaps we could meet Albie and we?d be happy for you to vet us, and see our house and garden to reassure you.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Catherine

Archived