Marmora/Mundania/Therapia road area - what's it like?

There's a bus from Lewisham to Brenchley Gardens - could you use that at all? Also, the walk is very straightforward if you ARE on Lordship Lane - it's less than 10 minutes from the top of Lordship Lane near the South Circular across Wood Vale or Honor Oak Road to the top of Forest Hill Road.

I moved from Glengarry Road, near Dulwich Hospital, to Marmora Road, after living in the first place for seven years. I love Marmora and would stay there except we need to buy a four bedroom house and can't afford anything like that in East Dulwich. The street is very peaceful apart from mad golf racer boys on Saturdays and the neighbours I've met have been very friendly. The 63 bus service beats all the Lordship Lane buses, and I've always commuted by bus so I know what I'm talking about! The shops are fine, and you really aren't far from Lordship Lane.

Ah, the 63's not bad - I used to live near Bricklayers Arms til I moved to ED so it was a regular bus for me. A bit sporadic sometimes but a good route. I still occasionally take it to Peckham Rye/East Dulwich Road and walk from there, though it's a bit of a walk to where we are, particularly at night.

I did notice that the neighbours around the south end of East Dulwich seem to be a friendly lot! Flat-hunting in Dunstan Road recently, every single person I walked past offered me a hello or a good afternoon. Lovely! It's not like that in Bermondsey...

• 10 months later...