Lost Blind Cat - Black

Hi All

My neighbour on St Francis Road has found a black cat that is blind and possibly deaf. We are taking her to Neighbourhood Vet to see if she is microchipped. The cat looks to be in healthy condition

Please let me know if you own this cat or knows who does. My neighbour can't look after it behind tonight and neither can I.

what other vets and animal rescue places are there in this area?

The cat is male and was walking on the street and bumping into parked cars. My neighbour has taken her in for tonight but she's not equipped to look after him for very long

We think it's local to the St Francis Road / Dulwich Hamlet area as it couldn't have travelled far in it's current state without being injured.

Don't contact the RSPCA - they euthanise animals they can't rehome.

It's worth putting up posters locally, esp if you think she's a local cat. Someone will be worried about her somewhere and it's too soon to pass her onto an organisation that will take her out of the area.

The Celia Hammond Trust found the (East Dulwich) owner of a sick cat I took there because I thought it was a stray, and happily reunited them within a few days.

You could try phoning them for advice first, which is what I did.

http://www.celiahammond.org/lewisham/

Celia Hammond Animal Trust

Lewisham Branch

Veterinary and Neuter Clinic and Cat Rescue Centre

233-235 Lewisham Way,

Lewisham, London SE4 1UY

Email: [email protected]

Tel Rescue Centre: 020 8694 6545 - N.B We are often out rescuing animals or carrying out home visits so if you reach the answermachine please leave a message or send us an email - Thank you!

ETA: They took the cat into their care after I phoned them, so if you say you and your neighbour can't look after it, I'm sure they would help, and also try to find the owner. You could still put up posters locally as well, if you wanted to.

Dear little thing x i would defo try cellia hammond first and not RSPCA. If I didn't have a full house at moment id take him in myself untill reunited with his owners and or if no luck in finding them untill his rehomed :(

Please let us (East Dulwich forum) know how you get on x

some good news!

After some door knocking and my neighbour putting up posters, the owner has been located on St Francis Road. The posters did the trick.

Thanks all for the advice...