icandy peach blossom double buggy- any good?

fmay

Possibly seems like a better option thatn the P&T as I hate the second baby being so low down....but does anyone have any experience with one, for a toddler and a newborn? Their vids make it looks so easy to use but if it's great then why don't I ever see them around?

apparently the peach (as opposed to the older model, pear) has solved this problem too, and it's lighter, easier to use....but who knows? Can't find anyone who has one! Only spoken to one friend who trialed one for free and raves about it. Maybe I should give it a try and write a review! Yes, shame they are so expensive...but aren't all the decent buggies a fortune nowadays.

I've just bought one, though haven't used it yet. I looked into it a lot and I think the reason not many people have it is because it is quite expensive and also as Sanne Panne says lots of people who've owned icandy buggies say their toddlers grow out of them quickly. My toddler is 18 months old and I think it'll be ok for him for at least a year, but he's quite small for his age. I spent at least an hour in John Lewis trying it out with my toddler in it and he seemed to love it. I really didn't like the P&T and I bought the icandy peach blossom on the basis that even if my son grows out of it, it's a lovely pram and I can use it as a single for the new baby.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest trying it out with your toddler in a shop. John Lewis is a good place for trying it out, but there's also a shop in Peckham that stocks them (see the iCandy website). I assume you can try them out there, but it's probably worth checking before making the trip.

If you do decide to buy one, try enquiring about price at Baby Nest in Croydon. There's not much variation on price on these prams as the manufacturer doesn't allow them to be sold on-line, but I managed to get a reasonable discount at Baby Nest, by basically getting various accessories thrown in for free.

Also just to add, I tried out the Pear too and although my son seemed to prefer sitting in the Pear, the Peach is much lighter and more streamlined (and looks better). I use the buses a lot and I felt that the Pear wouldn't be as easy to use on the bus, whereas the Peach Blossom seems compact enough to be ok for a regular bus user.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you seen the Baby Jogger City Select, which is quite new and seems similar, but supposedly with bigger seats for larger toddlers? I am going to try one hopefully later today but it looks really good from what I have read.

On a slight tangent I have the icandy apple (which can become a pear) and there is no way I would get the doubles kit for it - it is heavy now as a single, and I think the double seats are smaller. I know that's not what you asked....sounds like the peach is better.

Hi Alieh,

I just wanted to tell you that I tried my son in the Baby Jogger City Select. He was just two when I tried it while in NY, as wasnt even sure I could get it here. Unfortunately it was way too small for him. He is TOO tall and with a coat on in the fall he would be too wide as well. I was so disappointed as I wanted to love it as it has loads of configurations for a toddler and newborn. I do know someone who has it and they say it is very heavy to push with two children. I imagine many doubles are like that but wanted to add that as well. Maybe your child is smaller but thought I would post in case you are going very far out of your way to try it out.

Edited to add sorry for going off topic, just thought I would share in case anyone was considering the City Select

Oh dear, my son is most definitely not small. In fact ginormous is more the word I would use. He's already pushing 35 lbs and he's only just turned 20 months. Okay, well that saves me the trip to try out the Baby Jogger City Select then.

Back to the Phil and Teds idea I suppose....

Sorry to hijack original thread!

Alieh, My son is 35 pounds as well and was at that age too. Unless he is very short for that weight I dont think it would work. I am stuck with the Phil and Teds too. I am deciding which to get. The Sport is too narrow for him. I suspect it will have to be the Vibe as it has the adjustable headrest.

Yes, I think City Jogger isn't great from what I've heard...and the icandy apple and pear are bulky and heavy but the peach blossom is supposed to be light and great to use. I've had lots of positive messages about the peach blossom (the double version) so why not try that instead of the P&T? By the way, I found the vibe to have a hugely bulky and quite heavy frame.

Has anyone looked at the Britax B-Dual? Saw one in Mothercare today - much more compact than City Select/pear etc but bigger than phil and teds for a toddler than when p&t in newborn mode. Quite heavy but might be a good compromise and no probs with baby getting too big for the cocoon before able to sit, and seems to recline quite well. And has a sunshade on the bottom seat, but I suppose might not accommodate a MUCH older child in the main seat like the p&t ultimately might....Saw the baby jogger in John Lewis the other day and it was MASSIVE!

Sorry...unhealthy interest in all things buggy/pram like. Sorry to wander off again from the icandy peach too.

Thanks for these suggestions. I will look into them. At this stage I am tempted to just stick with my current beat-up Bugaboo Frog and a sling for the newbie! But I will probably regret that quite quickly as we don't have a car and my son will only be just over two when the next one arrives.

I've just been looking at the Peach Blossom and it does sound very good. nymom, have you tried your son in this one too and determined that the seats are too small, like the City Select? Hoping this hi-jack might be of use to other people with...ahem...generously proportioned toddlers.

I havent tried the Peach Blossom. I had resigned myself to the P and T Vibe as I have tried my son in about ten different doubles, including the P and T Sport and Dash. I will try it and see how he fits. P and T now have also come out with a new model, the Explorer. Havent seen it in shops although it seems like you can order it. It is cheaper than the Vibe and it had a second sunshade. Not sure what the other main differences are though.

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but nymom and others....apparently the adjustable hood for the Phil and Ted's is going to be offered as a separate add-on that you can put with any of the Phil and Ted's, if I understand this link correctly: http://www.practicalpushchairs.co.uk/pushchairs/phil-and-teds/37/phil-and-teds-sport-sp-pushchair-buggy.html/

So you wouldn't necessarily be restricted to the Vibe. You could buy any of the other ones and buy the adjustable height hood separately.

That is good to know. However another issue with the p and t sport is that the seat area wasnt wide enough either - it is much narrower than the vibe. I dont remember what the difference was between the vibe and dash though. I want to try out the new explorer and see the width of that one.

• 2 weeks later...