Hlaf day nurseries for babies

srisky

Hello! I am expecting my first child at the end of Jan and plan on returning to work part time in Nov. Does anyone know of any nurseries in the area that take babies for half days?? Most nurseries seem to only accept babies for full days but I don't think I'll be able to get back from work in time for 6pm. For those nurseries that do stay open later, it would mean the baby being there for more than 10h a day. Any advice welcome!

P.s I'd like to avoid having to hire a nanny/childminder if I am going to use a nursery anyway.

Not sure why you are discounting the childminder route in the first place? You are way more likely to find flexible hours with a good childminder. I have found that nurseries are very rigid in their structure

Obviously I am speaking for me, but I think a nursery is not the best environment for a small baby. I think once they are 2-2.5 they will thrive, but until then they fare better with closer attention in a home from home type environment

Good luck with whatever you do, it's such a hard decision

I'm not discounting childminders at all. However, I don't want to pay for a nursery and then also pay for a childminder to collect the baby if I can't get back in time from a full day at work. If our child needs to go to a nursery then I'd rather work half days and collect the baby at lunchtime than leave them there for a full day. From what I understand nurseries have a very long waiting list, so would like to put our names down for a suitable ones sooner rather than later. In the meantime, if we find a good childminder then we can remove our names from the waiting lists.