Christmas present appeal

edanna

The Salvation Army run an annual Christmas present appeal. I'm sure some of you are aware of it already, or similar schemes, but thought I'd flag it up. You can drop off presents at branches of Superdrug or there's an SA office near Elephant. I'm not connected with the SA but I well up when I think of children not getting any presents! I emailed them to ask if there was any age group or gender in greater need and they replied:

It is great to donate a gift for any age, but we often don't get as many gifts for teenagers, particularly boys.

So I'd like to get something suitable for a teenage boy but have no idea what - ideas please! I'm also at a loss what to get my 6 year old nephew because I see him so rarely I have no idea what he's into, so inspiration would be v welcome there too. Thanks in advance!

http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/christmaspresent

Thanks for this

6 yr old nephew - will be something that he might not necessarily play with now but deffers in the next year - metal detector. I bought it for mine at 6, he's now 8 and has been using it for about a year and absolutely loves it

teenage boy - sport? something from football or rugby clubs. My nephew is HUGE Tottenham fan so for bday bought him slippers and pjs (his mum told me he needed them) and then for xmas i've bought him a few 2nd hand books and dvd of best performances, greatest goals etc

Good luck

well done edanna for the post. i am a volunteer at the salvation army and we do indeed get alot of requests for food/toy parcels this time of year. If anyone has anything you think may be suitable for parcels, then please let me know as i am happy to come and collect.

Thanks