grey coat sixth form

kham

Hi, I know this is not based in Dulwich but I would like to ask anyone in Dulwich if they know anything about Grey coat sixth form near Pimlico.

My daughter is considering applying to this sixth form but we have no idea what this school is like,any clue?

Thanks

Kham

Hi this is PGC's daugher. I currently attend gch VI form and have been there since year 7.

The sixth form is not what I expected as throughout school years it was rather strict, but the 6th form has quite a laid back aproach to things. However, this is not taken for grantd as the staff can be strict towards us if necessary!!

We have enough freedom to do as we like to a certain extent and hav some free periods in which to do independent studying. The teaching is of a very high standard and although we are no longer 'spoon fed' like GCSE years, the teachers give us more than enough information and are always happy to help if difficulties arise.

When the external students came in this year they were welcomed very well by all of us who were staying on to study and I for one have certainly made lots of new friends who of didn't attend the school previously.

I hope your daughter applies to the school as it is certainly a good one! Feel free to ask me any questions that you might have!

Hope this was helpful!

Beatrice

Hi Beatrice,

Thanks for the info,it was very assuring to hear from someone who actually attends the school, sounds like a good school.

Is there any advice you can give as regards to giving reasons why we would want to apply to this school? Since we don't know the school.

My daughter is hoping to study science,maths and art.

Thanks

Kham