Smiths the Greengrocer

Hi! I'm looking for any photos that might exist of Smiths the grocer that was on the site of what is now Franco Manca (Lordship Lane). It's for a personal project but I can provide credit if necessary. I don't live in the UK any more so it's not a case of popping to Chener or the pictures on North Cross Road or the library unfortunately. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Also those of us who are currently represented by Harriet Harman (who is standing down of course) will not be able to vote for her successor (Miatta Fahnbulleh) as the change of boundaries also puts us in with Reeves, rather than Peckham. I think this is a rather clever way for the conservatives to have taken the wind out of the sales of the end of one great career and its baton passing. (Hope that makes sense).
    • I presume that was you who won the Fantasy football though, James? That's a bit of consolation! As there appears to be at least a couple of Spurs fans amongst us, can anyone advise what is the best way to get to their new stadium from ED? I'm going to see the egg chasers on Saturday. I haven't been to Tottenham in about 30 years! Then it was quite a long walk from the tube if I remember correctly. I'd like to avoid that if possible. I'm in but I need to do a bit of research I think........
    • I certainly hope she’s not standing down. She’s a great MP both locally and nationally. 
    • I had certainly heard that Helen Hayes was planning to stand down from being an MP - although I don't think I've seen that confirmed anywhere that I recall. If so, that is a shame, she was generally very competent and she knew the area well. A very good constituency MP and  had performed reasonably creditably in a minor Front Bench role. A loss to Parliamentary politics, in my view, if she is standing down.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In