Potholes along Grove Lane and other surrounding areas

chica1

If you want to complain to southwark about potholes then please refer to this

In addition, it is well worth reporting the pothole on this website National pothole reporting

If in the future someone's car is damaged then reference to this national reporting site (there is another - can't remember the name) can provide evidence in court that the local authority had been warned (and so they should have repaired the hole).

In any normal week you'd have a lot of support and outrage about this but there's a bloke living in a van on Rodwell road - A VAN FOR GODS SAKE - so you're alone on this one, chica.

Come to think of it, it was probably the tax dodging hippy in the van that caused these potholes in the first place.

The mind boggles.

You literally couldn't make it up.

Etc etc

Report them? Where do we start. I pedal to work down Grove Vale, Oglander, Bellenden, Lyndhurst, Southampton etc. The route is a non-stop slalem around all the holes in the road right until I cross Southwark bridge (along the patchy / holey cycle superhighway). A dangerous and very bumpy ride resulting in frequent flat tyres.

The Council do not need these to be reported. They know all about them. They also know that if the cracks and holes aren't fixed ahead of winter then they will get worse still. The issue is not one of reporting. The issue is the lack of action which is inexplicable when resources are being misguided towards speed bump installation.

I know it may seem that there are so many potholes that it is not worth reporting them but I would encourage everyone to do so if potholes annoy you. Councils prioritise budgets and there is nothing that gets something further up the priority list better than the risk of court action. Whilst a particular pothole is not recorded, if an accident happens because of it, the council can hide behind lack of knowledge of its existence. If you report it, and make it clear that there is a danger to particular road users, its amazing how it speeds up the repair team. I've done this on a number of occasions and been delighted with the response. I'm very descriptive of the damage that a particular pothole may cause. My favourite response is the one that came after I reported seeing a Porsche driving down the road outside my house and dip as a wheel went into a very deep pothole. I described the sound made by the underbelly of the car scraping the ground. I explained that I was prepared to be a witness in any court case for damage of this car or any others. The reaction time of the repair team was a joy to behold.