Peckham Rye 1 O'clock Club rennovation to include water play

Does anyone knows more about this?

What feels now like many, many moons ago, I put in two consecutive Cleaner, Greener, Safer tenders for funding to get some sort of water play put in at the park - we were awarded money from both bids - can't recall how much now but it seemed like a lot at the time. I know some was used to get rid of the old derelict pool, (sad, but it was decided it was in a bad location for a number of reasons), and the rest was to be used for some sort of new water play. Last I knew they were waiting to see what was happening with the 1 o'clock club, but it did sound like that was where the water play was going to go. It's taken this long - 4/5 years I'd say to finally get it started but reading the sign that was up the other day it does sound as if that is what is now happening - rennovation of the play area to include some sort of water play.

I'm really pleased, but no longer a part of the process, and my contacts at the council are no longer there so I'm wondering if anyone knows exactly what is being done?

I know there has been talk about whether the 1 o'clock club was in danger of closing, but this work/investment seems to suggest otherwise I hope.

There were plans circulating for some works which included relocating the swing park into the one o'c club area

There were no works re water play included though

I will look for the message or ask renata hemvAs?

Unfortunately capital investment now doesn't mean there won't be revenue cuts In future

From the map on the link above, it looks as though the water feature is fairly low key, more natural than those at say, Brockwell Park (although I understand this one is being revamped, not sure how). But the map doesn't really give that much away - would be helpful if someone who knew more detail (Renata?? Vicky???) could post.

We went to a couple of meetings last year organised by Friends of Peckham Rye where we looked at plans for a 'natural play area' which was going to extend the current one o clock club - some info below which suggests planning permission has only just been granted. There is mention of a water feature.

http://moderngov.southwarksites.com/ieDecisionDetails.aspx?ID=1925