Recommended : Rainbow Painters and Decorators

perkik

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Before Christmas Mark helped us out with removing old wallpaper, re-papering, new skirting board and redecorating in our spare room.

Mark was well organised, easy to deal with and efficient at the job, working around both me and my partner working full time. I thoroughly recommend him to the forum!

Thanks

Liz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• If you want to reduce the sound from your flat, you can add acoustic or sound absorbing material under your carpet. There are many options for different budgets (google sound reduction in upstairs flat) In terms of improving your relationship with your downstairs neighbour, a really good first action would be to stop labelling him as mentally ill and start to consider that he may be very stressed and grumpy after prolonged noisy upstairs neighbours who don't take any notice of his complaints. There's always two sides to one story, but this is completely solvable    
    • I make the assumption that he has mental health problems because of the irrational way he behaves towards us, the unsubstantiated claims he has made towards us, and the threats of physical violence he has made towards us. I don't want to list on EDF what he has done to us more than I need, in order to explain the situation we find myself in. It's not important- what's important is how the situation can be solved.  I have of course asked the council if and how they can help to make noise travel less in the property etc., but they are not able to help unfortunately.     
    • Why assume he has serious mental heath issues? It may be intolerable for him. There are often complaints about vertical neighbours, especially those with kids or pets. If there is no insulation between ceiling and floor, sound carries. Kids or pets run around a lot and the sound of feet carries. You don’t say what type of flooring you have, having thick carpets etc can help
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In