Holiday with toddler: Far east

I really want a nice luxurious holiday in the far east this summer (August)... (oh, and our 20-month old toddler will be joining us).

Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Indonesia, etc etc all being considered.

Any recommendations for child-friendly resorts? I'm not a fan of being in a car for long durations in this part of the world normally (especially with a toddler) so somewhere we can fly into without a long car transfer journey would be great.

Thanks for your help in advance!

http://villapoonie.vpweb.co.uk/default.html

'Villa Poonie'

This is my friend's place in Sri Lanka. We've been wanting to go for a while, but other things keep happening, busy busy! All our mates who have been have said how lovely it is there, might be booked-up for this summer though, not sure. Ask Francesca (aka 'Poonie') what resources are like for a toddler. She and her husband have a young son.

xx

Wow Saffron that looks lovely! We went to Sri Lanka in 2000, when we were babies of 19 and 20! Beautiful place.

I totally recommend Bali/Lombok if you haven't been. We went just before trying for a baby in 2009 and had the best time but Bali especially would be lovely with a little one too. Amazing hotels we stayed in were: Uma Sapna (Seminyak, Bali) Luce D'alma (Gili islands) and Imaj villas (Lombok). Have a fantastic time if you go!

This has reminded me to do a post about our totally naughty holiday to San Francisco this summer (naughty as in can't really afford it but are going it before baby costs even more to travel with!).

Hello there

I spent a few weeks in India last year with my then just one year old. Everywhere is very child friendly and people helpful. I found accomodation as I went along although didn't really do as much travelling as I did pre-child... Funny that.

Have a good time wherever you decide to go!

Have been to India (Varkala, Kerala) with a one year old and again when he was two, immaculate clean beaches, amazing accomodation and food, great healthcare and wonderful people! Really easy to get to from Trivandrum airport (pre-pay cab around 2000 rupees).

Had such a wonderful time and will be back in India with toddler in tow later this year!