slings in merry go round in herne hill

I have a rose and rebellion sling and I love it - mei tai style but with buckles so easy to use, very comfortable as weight carried on hips and lovely padded shoulders, front and back carry, lovely patterns and all reversible to plain black.....and they are now sold in merry go round in Herne hill. I bought mine online a while ago but it would have been great to see them in the flesh first.

PS I don't work for Jackie in merry go round but I do love her shop and I think the slings are great and unusual to find them in a shop!

I have used it since 2.5months and it gets better (baby now 5 months) and I'm keen to try back carry now his neck is stronger. Apparently yiy can use them up to about age 4 but I also have a 2.5yo and haven't tried him in it.....not sure i ever will! Yes, it's on half moon lane juat near tales on moon lane.

Beco Gemini is a lovely sling too. Apparently forward facing not great if baby is a bboy....lots of pressure on the wrong...erm...bits! But I agree, facing out does keep them entertained. Why not pop into the shop and try the r and r

They are v pretty!

Yes forward facing is not good for either the carrier or the carried - for mum/dad it puts much more pressure on the spine, and for baby, it means they are not in the ergonomically/developmentally preferred 'froggy' position (seated, legs wrapped round) which is better for their spine and yes, their bits if they are a boy!

I read an interesting article saying the for babies with hip problems, the braces that are used keep them in this same 'froggy' position - so think it's really optimal for the development. Also, sling time in the correct position counts as tummy time! I credit my son spending lots of time in the sling (and not too much having traditional tummy time) when very young as helping him crawl pretty early.

The Gemini is a lovely sling, I use it everyday in the facing in position and find that once big enough babies can see loads by looking out over the side so no real benefit for me to facing out with a larger baby. Some of the prints are lovely but I must admit I also covet a Rose and Rebellion and they are more lightweight.

I still use our old baby bjorn (soooo uncomfortable by comparison!) In face out mode occassionally as I keep it in the car as emergency sling.

R and r sling is v v lightweight and folds up v small so can fit in bag, under pram etc. Beco seems a bit more structured I think.