Which schools in Camberwell?

Hello there

my son is almost 3 and I guess I should be starting thinking about schools... right? (I m still not sure how it works!)

Anyway, do you have any good or bad experience of schools in Camberwell you would like to share? We live near the swimming pool so I guess Brunswick, Dog Kennel and Lyndhurst are the closest but happy to hear about others.

Thank you very much.

hi,

we'll be applying for my daughters place soon, too, and are considering Lyndhurst for our list... when we moved to our current flat(near Warwick Gardens) we had lyndhurst in mind, but the catchment area seems to be getting smaller and smaller, unfortunately for us...you would probably be close enough i expect though- its meant to be a lovely, smallish school, with a great ofsted.

I also went to visit Brunswick as considering it for my daughters nursery place... it gets an 'outstanding' ofsted, and i know a couple of very lovely families sending their daughters there next year(quite a vague endorsement, sorry... but a strong one for me!). I found it friendly but quite daunting-- v big, and huge high walls around it!

hope this helps x

Thank you EDmummy. The site comes up with lots of school but I don't know whether i am in their catchment area or not. Having read a previous link, it looks like this is impossible for a private individual to find out. Only the LA can tell you... Is that correct?

I can vouch for Lyndhurst. We kept our kids there after we moved to ED from Camberwell. It is a bit inconvenient having to take them on the bus etc but we think it's worth it. The school has recently moved to a 2 form entry and the knock on effect will mean big changes to the school buildings and all the disruption that will bring. Aside from that it's a very friendly school with good and caring teaching staff, a dyslexia unit, radio station and extra curricular clubs such as a gardening club.

Alec

I went to Lyndhurst as a child and so we went to their Xmas fair last year for memories sake. We were really impressed, it seems a lovely school now, real community feel. It was shambolic when I was there in the 80s and in comparison now it is definitely somewhere I would consider sending my son, also has a good ofsted....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - does anyone know what catchment area Darrell Road might fall in? I have not managed to find the distance from the road to different schools in the area as the straight line business makes it a bit difficult! I am a bit worried we might fall into the 'black hole' mentioned in some of the discussions!!

Thanks

Hello - does anyone know what catchment area Darrell Road might fall in? We're interested in nurseries and primary schools. I have not managed to find the distance from the road to different schools in the area as the straight line business makes it a bit difficult! I am a bit worried we might fall into the 'black hole' mentioned in some of the discussions!!

Thanks