Reflexology/ acupuncture to induce labour

lilygogan

Hi, I am pregnant with my first baby and was just wondering if there were any places / clinics around where i could go to have some reflexology and acupuncture to try and bring on labour. Im looking at an early induction and want to try and avoid the drip. Any ideas? or has anyone had the therapies and found them helpful thanks!!! Lily

I had acupuncture to help things along with my 3rd baby at the clinic above heath matters on LL, with Dan. I think he was brilliant, and after the second session (i think, although it might have been the 3rd!!!) I went into labour. I defiantly think it was the acupuncture that did it, but they do say your body has to be ready for acupuncture to work, and if I remember correctly they don't normally recommend doing it early if its your first pregnancy as you're unlikely to be ready early.

Does that make sense?! Clear as mud? I guess if you're trying to avoid an early induction then anything is worth a try!!

Good luck

Both my children were born late (at 41+5 and 42 +3) for both I tried EVERYTHING to get them to come: cervical sweeps, reflexology, acupuncture, bouncing up and down on an exercise ball, some dodgy herbs, buckets of raspberry leaf tea, curry, sex, walking fast, pineapple, cumin tea etc etc. I cannot say whether any of these worked (though both labours were very straightforward, at home and quick) but I CAN say that the reflexology and the acupuncture sessions were extremely relaxing and far and away the most pleasant of the things I tried ... good luck!

• 1 month later...