Any other boys aged 5 - 9 interested in street dance in East Dulwich?

Coach Beth

My son has joined a great street dance class on Tuesday, 5-6pm, at the Goose Green Centre for boys - it's run by Get Dan'n'Dance and it's lively and fun. The problem is we need to have more boys to keep the class going! You get a free class and then it's about ?34.00 for the rest of the term (if you were to join at the beginning of the term it's about ?45.00 I believe but as we didn't join till after the term started it was less!) You can call Dani on 07904 424504 for the exact information but do come along and check out the class next Tuesday!

Our son has also just joined and loves it....it is the same group that have run the popular classes at St Barnabas Church hall, Dulwich Village for a long time, so this is an extra class for the East Dulwich boys!!

Get Dan'n'Dance.....(PS no natural aptitude needed just a love of loud beat music!)

It was great to see more boys turning out for Tuesday's class! We need 10 boys to keep this class in East Dulwich so if your boy is interested in street dance, please come and check it out this Tuesday at 5pm at the Goose Green Centre - it's a really fun class, the teacher is great and my son would miss it (and on the selfish side, it's a 5 minute walk as opposed to a bus ride!)

Hi, my boy enjoyed the class but would like to suggest the class should be around ?5 a lesson as most clubs run at that weekly price. Ballet, tap, judo, tae kwondo, gymnastics classes are ?5 each, please bear in mind there are lots of families who would like to send their child to these classes but cannot afford them. I am sure you could get more children if you charge a reasonable price.

Hi there, I'm just a parent who is keen that the class keep running not the owner of the dance school but I'll pass your feedback on to the woman who runs the class. Personally, I did find it cheaper than two others I've looked at - one in Herne Hill (?84 per term which was about ?8 a class) and you didn't get the free first class. And because it's in ED I saved money on bus fares to Herne Hill or Peckham. Anyway, hope to see you tonight at 5pm maybe? I'll be there with my boy Sam!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Beth and everyone,

My son goes to the boys street classes at South London Dance Studios in Herne Hill. The classes are ?72 for 12 weeks (not ?84!) so slightly more expensive than some other classes but that?s because the facilities there are so great and the teachers are all fully trained and qualified. He loves having a male teacher (David) and as well as dancing they also learn acrobatics which means their dances are very impressive! I think most of the classes are full at the moment but have look at their website for next term www.southlondondancestudios.co.uk

No need to...the classes at the Goose Green Centre on Tues 5pm are continuing after half term and are great! Really recommend to any boys out there wanting to have a go...first class free. (No connection to people who run it).

Just seen this thread and have to add that The Goose Green class is brilliant! My son has been going since January and he loves it. Danni, Ibs and the other teachers are amazing with the kids, they have so much fun and they also put on brilliant shows at the end of every term (the last one was in Alleyns school theatre). I would really recommend a trial class to see why the boys love it so much.

• 3 weeks later...