Officiator for naming day ceremony

Hi everyone,

I?m planning a naming day ceremony for our son who will be roughly 9mths at the time. I?d been thinking about having an officiator for the ceremony and just got off the phone from a wonderful sounding lady but I must admit I?m a bit taken aback by the cost; ?250! Is this the standard amount I can expect to be quoted?

It?ll be held in Headley, near Epsom, so please do send over your suggestions if you have used anyone suitable that you would recommend.

Many thanks!

My daughter had a naming day ceremony for her eldest, did not have an officiator, just short speeches from various family and friends followed by parents cutting a cake and toasting with sparkling wine. Photos take of parents/child and guests.

My brother and his partner had a naming ceremony in East Dulwich for their twins.

The person doing it pronounced the (Irish) name of one of them wrong. All the way through.

Can't help with the cost question - I'm just posting to say it may seem obvious but if the child has an unusual (in this country) name or even if they don't, make sure the person has been properly briefed! And repeats the name/s back to you before the ceremony!