Buying a new PC

Otta

I sooo love John Lewis - they are the nation's finest example of responsible capatalism and the CEO has his pay capped at ?500,000 compared to M&S's ?15 million package. Staff have even told me products to buy that they don't sell if they think they are the best for the customer. Investment bankers take note society has wised up to the greedy parasites you really are and the damage you have done.

ibilly99 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Investment bankers take note society has wised up to the

> greedy parasites you really are and the damage you have done.

Roll over, Godwin's Law!! We have a new topic which has become inevitable for any thread over 10 posts long.

acm Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ho hum, UDT - mea culpa, you got me.

>

> HP branded 1 GB memory, DDR3 1333Mz, 240 pin - 20

> quid.

> Kingston branded, same spec - 10 quid.

>

> I'm desperately, desperately sorry I didn't spend

> the extra couple of minutes for a further search.

> Because of course all memory can fit in all

> motherboards, can't it? (sarc off).

>

> Am I an IT consultant?

>

> I am currently senior lead engineer on a platform

> project for a financial services customer in the

> City. This involves the engineering and deployment

> of 25 ESX 4.1 cluster nodes and NetApp fibre

> channel SAN and will result in the virtualisation

> of around 900 physical Windows servers.

>

> I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, a

> Cisco CCNA and a VMware Certified Engineer, and

> for these I get over 2 grand a week.

>

> But enough of this self-willy waving. I was just

> offering advice. I won't @#$%& bother in future.

> You stick to building your home-hobbyist systems

> in your Mums back bedroom. I'll stick to building

> business critical platforms for investment funds.

>

> Deal?

I didn't know I build computers in my mum's bedroom. Stragely enough I left home from the age of 18.

And as for your willy waving it seems the banks have too much money than sense. No wonder this country is in ruin.

With the virtual IT system does this mean people's money will disappear into virtual accounts?

@acm, what ever.

If you were polically aware, which no doubt you're not, there was a talk involving Michael Portillo and one other politician a couple of weeks ago about fears by people losing money in various banking transactions or money disappearing from bank accounts in relation to the banking crisis.

I've worked with consultants before so I'm afraid I see consultants are nothing special and overpaid. You can wave your willy as much as you want but it is likely to get chopped off here.

Please stay on this thread as I'm sure some people are too happy to buy low spec office PC. It doesn't bother me the slightest.

WHAT A W@NKER

Still, it's made the buying of a crappy ol' desk-top PC way funnier.

Poor old Otta only wants to go to John lewis, wave his vouchers & get outta there.

I can't imagine that kind of talk from the Mac crowd.

Oh no, we rub our neatly trimmed facial hair and marvel at the sheer joy of ownership.

I suggest you join us, step away from them there arses Otta.

You're far too good for them and you know it.

NETTE:)

As with any other music fan (because there is rhythm in circuit boards) I used to be a fan of Apple until they became popular with people I considered to be less discerning.

At that point the only viable route is categoric rejection. See those people outside the Apple Store? They're all listening to the Lighthouse Family.

THe Lighthouse Family is what I term as commercial music.

Like I said before, Apple products uses quality components but they come with an added premium on top. The Iphone cost ?200 to make but retails for ?700. That is a huge profit margin for Apple. For me, the Apple brand has lost its coolness quite some time ago and now appeals to the don't know any better crowd.

With virtualisation you could run Apple software on a PC machine.

@acm,I've became aware of virtualisation a few years ago and am planning to use it in he next few months to play around with Linux and to increase my PC security.

Mac slaves buying macs made by slaves - it's only a bloody phone

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=iphone+5+covent+garden&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=859&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=XguCrWluPLiIcM:&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2048863/iPhone-4S-release-date-UK-Apple-expected-sell-3m-weekend.html&docid=PXIPFMvedm2O1M&itg=1&imgurl=http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/14/article-2048863-0E5F5B1F00000578-714_634x412.jpg&w=634&h=412&ei=VmCZTtcUk9HxA9b_-f0H&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=776&vpy=499&dur=515&hovh=181&hovw=279&tx=139&ty=92&sig=116015415483839198683&page=1&tbnh=148&tbnw=203&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0

I've been put off them *holds nose* P.C's for some time.

I had an office in Crystal Palace, dozen work stations, server blah blah blah

We moved 3 times, new machines, top spec, future proofing blah blah blah

Changed companies, consultants, technology blah blah blah

For the love of God, i'd rather have driven nails into my eyeballs in retrospect.

Sold the company.

And changed to working in other studios & companies mostly decked out in Mac's as the design business seems to be.

I'd rather retire than go back to all that grief, forget the money, there's more to life than a few hundred quid & chasing round after some "fix it all" programme/warrranty

All this P.C assembly is like student cooking, chuck this & that in &...

"Hey presto, I'm full up now "

As for being a certificated blah blah whatever, they're as slave to that way of thinking & as brainwashed as any mac user they flick that accusation at. They just charge you for the honour.

Horses for courses, just don't spend your money unwittingly on a 3 legged nag.

( extra legs available as an upgrade )

Nette:-S