Suggestions for christening venue

Vickster

Hi everyone

We are having our daughter christened on 26th Feb at St John the Evangelist (Goose Green). Unfortunately, the Goose Green centre is booked that day, otherwise we would probably have held the after service get together there. Does anybody have any recommendations for an alternative venue? We will probably be around 50 Inc kids.

Thanks in advance

I had my wedding reception at theDulwich Woodhouse 2 yrs ago in Jan. Not sure how arrangements are now, but at that time, they were one of the only large-ish venues not charging a reception fee. Also I was able to negotiate with management to get a good price on champagne. They didn't mind everyone's kids running around indoors, and they have plenty of outdoor space too.

I've been to naming ceremonies at Beauberry House in Dulwich Village and that's really lovely - they have a big room upstairs with a little room off where they do food for you. Lovely lovely afternoon tea there is a nice idea that suits all for after a christening -

http://www.beauberryhouse.co.uk/

I know people will have to jump in the car, but there is parking outside and all along the road into the village.