Stan & His Gran - a lovely book

Just curious as to whether anyone else has come across this book - I picked it up quite randomly at a school fair a few years ago and both my girls have loved it, probably more than any other book we've owned (and we have a lot). I have to read it at least once a day to my now 3 year old and like her sister before her she quotes chunks of the books at appropriate moments when we are out walking etc.

It's by Sarah Garland, and whilst not in print anymore (I suspect), a lot of on line retailers seem to still have it.

Never heard of that 1 but my nearly 3yr old loves the Sarah Garland bks- Doing the Garden, Going Shopping, Having a Picnic. Lovely illustrations and lots to talk about on each page. Some are out of print though. Will have a look for Stan and his Gran. Thanks Molly!

Yes - we have those ones too, and I agree.

Stan and his Gran is a bit more 'grown up' (though still accessible to a younger child), it has more words, and a bit more of a story. I wish she had done more like this, but all the others seem to be simpler stories.

Hope you manage to track a copy down. I've already decided we are going to have to pack our copy away in the 'keepsake' box, not least because my 7 year old announced tonight that she can remember me reading it to her when she was really little. Ahhhh.

I don't see why not F. Stan & his sister get looked after by their Gran once a week, she picks them up from home & takes them back to her house.... But loses her key on the way home. Stan saves the day! It is a very gentle story but I think children like it because they can relate to it - Stan always walks along the same bit of wall on the way to Grans house, they play cards & the baby has a kick with her nappy off, that type of thing. I guess it might provoke memories or discussion but that would hopefully be positive?

Macaroni - sorry, didn't mean to annoy - happy to post the ISBN when I have it to hand, I kind of assumed it would be easy to find just by the name should anyone want it, though it was more that I was just curious as to whether anyone else had actually heard about it or ever come across it.